I didn’t manage to get to the Rhubarb Bomb 5th Birthday Party – domestic woes got in the way and by the time it was anywhere near peaceful the weekend had ended and I was back at my desk in Sheffield. Thus there are no photos from Record Store Day 2012, and none from the Rhubarb Bomb party – genuine apologies and I-will-make-it-up-to-yous to the people who were relying on me taking some photos. Other photogs were there.
The proceedings also involved making a mix CD: drop yours in the box as you arrive, pick one up that someone else has made. The last mix I did got left behind and ridiculed a little (pretty much like being picked for sports at school) so this time I decided to compile some classic disco tracks not readily available in other formats. Sitting in front of the record deck hitting ‘pause’ at the right time on the CD recorder brought back memories of recording the Sunday evening chart show on Radio 1 while my mother yelled at me to do my homework. Ahh nostalgia.
Here’s the tracklist for what didn’t end up in the mix CD box:
- Countdown/This Is It (Original Full Length 12″ Mix) – Dan Hartman
- Love For The Sake Of Love – Claudja Barry
- Not Too Shabby (James Lewis Goes Disco Mix) – Cerrone
- Get On Up And Do It Again – Suzy Q
- Turn The Music Up – Players Association
- Love Magic – John Davis & The Monster Orchestra
- What A Difference A Day Makes – Esther Phillips
- Ballad Of Immoral Manufacture – Cristina
- In My Wildest Dream – Georgio Moroder
- Gotta Get Outta Here – Lucy Hawkins
But as it is, the running order is now relegated to a playlist on my iPhone and a lonely CDR to play in the car. Next time Gadget, next time…
(Oh, and if anyone has a spare copy of the RSD12 Candy Flip 10″ of ‘Strawberry Fields Forever’ which I missed out on, gi’s a yell…)
Update: You should check out John’s photos from the Rhubarb Bomb 5th Birthday Party.